Sunday, April 9, 2023

Sims 4 Gardening Skills Whim - Revive a Dead Plant

 Recently encountered this whim that was frustrating as all get out! 

Revive a Dead Plant. 

It's Alive! It's AAALIVE!

Click on Plant and Select Revive Plant. 

Sims can unlock this interaction by increasing their gardening skill and collecting twigs. Twigs can be gathered through shaping Bonsai or harvesting plants.


My Sim has level 10 Gardening skills, and has the Freelance Botanist Aspiration. Um.... No, twigs cannot be gathered while shaping a Bonsai, nor after shaping the Bonsai. There are no twigs that can be gathered after harvesting plants. This may be a whim from an older Sims version.  I remember that with Sims 3 we could revive dead plants because I used to revive the Death Flower plant so that I could harvest one more extra flower before the plant went kapoot.

Just to test this one out, I intentionally killed a perfect plant by taking too many cuttings from the plant. The only options for the dead plant were to dispose of it, or to hire a professional gardener.  I changed the qualities of the lot for better gardening and went through all the Sims moodlets that were positive.  I tried Inspired, Confident, Focused, Happy, Flirty, and Energized.  I did not try Playful or Angry, with the assumption that those would not be helpful, but I might try them at another time, and report back later. I haven't had a Death Flower in a really long time, so I will try obtaining a Death Flower to see if having one of them in my inventory gives me revival power. 

Update.  My Sims tried using the Green Thumb reward via Aspirations and that didn't help with reviving a dead plant.  The dead plant is still in the mound now, with a stem sticking up out of the ground. My Sim can "talk" to the stem, and it can do a few other activities to the stem, like uproot, etc., but still the plant is essentially dead. Having a Death Flower does not help revive the plant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment