Monday, April 24, 2023

Plants Keep Mounding - WTF?

I have looked for answers but it just seems to be a common Sims 4 game glitch. Why do my plants keep dying, or why won't my plants grow?  Sometimes this happens every 24 hours (Sims Time) and other times, after about a week of plants working/living then suddenly, they revert back to mounds. Also, I note that some plants don't revert right away, but the number of activities that can be performed on the plant drops down to four; Tend, Fertilize, Talk, and Uproot. I can tell when the plants are "normal" by the amount of options, when my Sims has a level 10 gardening skill. The only way I can get the plants to work/grow produce again, so that I can harvest them the next day, is to go into build mode, put the plant in the building inventory then pull it back out and place it back onto the lot. The plant will normally become viable again. But when the game keeps doing this every 24 Sim Hours, it gets a bit crazy making. Seems like it is worse after a game update. The examples below happened right after my Sim harvested the plants right at 7:00 am Sims Time. Holidays and Season changes also seem to have an impact on this happening.  



Anyways, and regardless, the only solution seems to be to take each plant that is only showing four activity options, and put it into the building inventory section, then reposition them onto the lot before the next day's harvesting. 

After the inventory process, the plant or mound should then show six, seven or more options that it is "viable" again or that it will bear fruit again the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment