Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Missing Electronic Drafting Tablet

My Sim graduated from College with a Communications Degree and that allowed my Sim to enter a career as a Charity Organizer, Civic Planner, Journalist, Management, or Public Relations at a higher level.

In my case, my Sim had maxed the Public Relations career while going to college. My Sim decided to take the Civic Planner career field, but after doing that, my Sim needed an Electronic Drafting Tablet. However, the tablet was missing from the household inventory and also missing from their personal inventory.  My Sim tried to get one from the Build Mode, but it would not allow my Sim to have access even though my Sim had met the requirements level. The "unlock" description was red meaning that it was not unlocked.

Electronic Drafting Tablet

Finding no solutions readily available online. The way my Sim finally got access to the missing Electronic Drafting Tablet was to visit one of the Community Centers in Evergreen Harbor.  I usually choose The Quarry Building's Lot.  Once my Sim was there, I chose the Build Mode. Go to Electronics in Buy Mode's Object by Function. Find the Electronic Drafting Tablet under the "Misc" option of Electronics (three dots in a square). You should note that the writing is no longer in red, but is now green. That means that it is available to your Sim now. Pull out the tablet and place it on the lot where your Sim can pick it up. 

Unlocked Electronic Drafting Tablet

Then go back to Live Mode in the game while still on the lot. Click on the tablet and select the option to Draft ... Blueprint. After that, my Sim placed the tablet into their personal inventory as soon as the Sim completed the task. I did it again to get a spare one, just in case. 

My guess is that, in order to complete a lot of the Work from Home Assignments for Civic Planner, my Sim will NEED to be living in Evergreen Harbor. But, I don't want to move my Sim to one of those neighborhoods just yet. 

Hoping that helps you find the missing Electronic Drafting Tablet if your Sim is not living in Evergreen Harbor after choosing the Civic Planner or Civic Designer careers. 

1 comment: